Monday, July 09, 2007

Horizon

After months of training together with a few weeks of attachment to a project in Singapore, looks like my first overseas project coming up in the 3rd week of August that I will be observing would be in Beijing China. Thereafter I will be headed to Pattaya and Hua Hin. The Beijing project is not 100% confirmed but the Pattaya and Hua Hin projects are confirmed. I'm especially excited about Beijing because it belongs to a global brand with a 5-star rating hotel that has not yet opened! Pre-opening! It's going to be a big project and if confirmed, I will be there for a week. I will be sure to take photos! The opportunity to stay at a new plush hotel that has not opened does not come easy.

The project at Pattaya and Hua Hin is back to back and both properties are also part of a global brand. I will be there to do pre configuration of the new system and thereafter be there for the live cutover (in case there are problems, issues, etc). I have never been to either place but I heard Pattaya is pretty...seedy. We'll see. I'll either be too busy or lounging at the resort pool everyday.


I know there are things that are bound to go wrong (gut feeling) but that's what they pay me for right? Teach, implement and troubleshoot!

1 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger magicalstrawberrygarden said...

hey mr lee, gayna here yeah. happen to view your blog..


during my attachment i was a tourleader in thailand, and hv been to both huahin and pattaya.


hmmmm. huahin is a really nice relaxed destination. many golfers and beach-goers swear by huahin every year. golf is great. but beach is pretty rocky though. it is a place for the more high class travellers as huahin is more expensive as compared to other parts of thailand.

pattaya's nightlife can be pretty sleazy, but it is an interesting place. beach is nice on the more remote and less touristy areas. if you stay at a resort called The Cliff, you're in heaven. haha.


anyways, good luck yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home