Monday, June 11, 2007

Released

After the issue last week which prevented me from tagging along, I am finally able to join the project team at THS. THS will be upgrading their system from an older version to our last version. Depending on the size of the hotel, timeline and user requirements such a project typically takes about a month. Training the staff members takes the most time which may take up to more than 2 weeks.

Last week the project team spent the whole week setting up the system, configuration and meeting with hotel staff to lay the groundworks for the entire project. From today the sessions will be about training all the various department users on the system as users. As a "shadow" my task is quite simple; to observe and learn. I feel like a student all over again. :)

The latest system version is fairly similar to the version taught at Temasek Polytechnic from the front user point of view. The interface, icons and functions have increased but overall it's not too complicated. Like most systems, the improvements and functions which can be mind boggling is all "beneath the bonnet". I.e. The backend. That's my greatest challenge I think so my background in IT will be handy.

This morning we're training the Front Office staff so it's something I'm quite familiar with so it should be a blast! Signing off...must listen to teacher!

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger amberr said...

hey sir!

i've finally decided to migrate to WordPress to blog on. Do update your favourites (like-real) yeah!
do leave a comment there or so, would be nice to see you there.

http://unveiledescapist.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home