Sunday, June 17, 2007

Kawabunga!!!!

For those of you that know me, you know I'm a foodie. Not a typical foodie because I can't really afford to be one that goes around and samples everything. Explains my current out of shape look but what the heck!

When you talk about turtles, I would typically think of TMNT and turtles as an endangered species but for this post, I won't. Anyway a good friend of mine brought me to a superb place that is famous for Turtle soup called Ser Seng Restaurant tucked hidden away in a small road in Geylang.



Apparently this place is famous for "those in the know" for turtle soup and it's herbal black chicken soup. A glance around the restaurant revealed that the client base is mostly made up of uncles and aunties "in the know" so I had high hopes. Turtle soup is not something you can eat a lot of because it's quite heaty. It's been ages since I've had it so I happily went along.



After waiting for about 10 minutes, the dish came. The frangrance of sweet chinese herbs mixed together with the turtle meat escalated our hunger and we were not disappointed.


Served with yam rice, the large serving was just right for the 3 of us. The turtle meat was cooked just right and was extremely tender. The infusion of wolfberry, ginger, spring onion and other secret ingredients ensured that the soup was duly finished in record time.

The damage? More than $50 for the soup alone! It's not cheap but if you are a fan of turtle soup and am wiling to pay a little more, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Must try at least once! 5/5 for me!

OK, I promise not to eat any more turtles for 2007!

Address: Tan Ser Seng Restaurant, 29 Lorong Bachok (Inside Lor 21 Geylang).

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger miss ene said...

Oh. My. God. You eat turtles.

:\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home