Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Smashed!

I was away in KL last weekend for one of my best friend's wedding. After years of dating the same girl he finally popped the question some time last year and I was asked to be the best man. I went up last Thursday and caught up with some friends whom I haven't seen for many years. Unfortunately it was very rushed and almost everyone had to depart by Sunday. My friend is one of the last few that I know who wasn't married and our group was determined to make it an ocassion to remember.

And that's exactly what we did. Between Friday and Sunday we all slept a total of about 2.5 hours. We went clubbing, pubbing and just hung out. Before I had thought that all KL had was Zouk but I was wrong. Thanks to one of our clubbing friends, we checked out Heritage Road which is an upcoming hot nightspot in KL and checked out The Loft. The music was thumping and the crowd was quite sophisticated! I was impressed! Apparently this is the new happening area and lots of people are there to see and be seen. We went to a small pub called "Best Frieds" and tried to get a girl on the groom but failed. We all drank a lot more than usual and because I didn't bring my camera, I am unable to share any pictures. :(

All in all it was a fun and great ocassion. No, I did not get smashed....

I've known this group since high school. Yet none of us have changed too much (except growing sideways!). The one who was always clubbing is still clubbing. The one who was always conservative was still the same. Because it's so rare that such an ocassion crops up, you certainly treasure it more.

Cheers to friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home