Saturday, April 21, 2007

JB

A friend of mine drove me into JB the other day. Many Singaporeans go into JB to buy stuff and eat despite the regular warnings and news articles of theft in JB. A trip to JB is always gut busting so I was well dressed for the ocassion. It's been quite awhile since I last went there and don't ask me why we normally go. Food lah! :)

Anyway we went in early and decided to go for breakfast. He took me to this place where I had no idea where it was. All I knew was that it was next to some road and that if he left me there, I'd be lost!


If you did not know already, some of the best food in Malaysia are normally found in the obscure and hard to find F&B places like the above road stall. Nothing fancy about it and if you drive pass it, you'd probably not notice it.



Apparently the Roti Prata was good so I tried it. In Malaysia Roti Prata is known as Roti Canai (pronounced as Cha-nai). As you can see above, it certainly was better than the ones you normally find in Singapore AND it's a fraction of the cost!
After settling some business, we headed to another eating place and this time it was truly roadside dining.



Who needs a restaurant when you are offered a unique dining experience like this! It's casual dining with an unpretentious crowd and an open kitchen concept. What more could you ask for?!?!? My friend did the ordering.



One of my all time favourite desserts is the cendol (pronounced as chen-dol). A simple blend of shaved ice, coconut milk, palm sugar and green starched jelly. Someone has even gone and put an explantion on Wikipedia here. I don't like my cendol mixed with a lot of fancy stuff. I like mine plain and that was exactly what this stall served! It was simply heaven! The Chee Cheong Fun wasn't too bad either.
Total cost for both of us? About SGD$5. Priceless.
I'll miss the trips into JB when I start my new job. Oh well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home