Saturday, April 14, 2007

WGS

I had the opportunity to attend the opening of the latest World Gourmet Summit @ Shangri-La Hotel recently. I don't really know that many F&B guys in the industry so my objective was simple: Check out the food!


Chefs from a variety of F&B outlets and hotels were all there and the theme was to showcase the talents of "local chefs". It's a big fancy event that's held once a year which allows the public to sample fine food cooked by selected top chefs from around the world.

As I had decided prior to arrival that I didn't want to stay too long, I went about completing my mission as quickly as I could.



Finger food was the order for the night.



There were some rather unusual items on display. For example, blue wonton (stuffed with seafood) and also a clear "somethingorrather" consomme noodle in a testube. Both were surprisinglyquite yummy.

The night wouldn't be complete without taking a picture with a celebrity so I did just that. Managed a photo with celebrity chef Sam Leong (Director of kitchen for the Tung Lok group of restaurants).



I wonder if I'll ever have another opportunity like this?!?!? Great night overall.

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hey man,

I am just wondering if you have any interest in Tribal Wars. http://www.tribalwars.net

World 5.

Quite a few of us are playing. Brian, Willie, Wilson, me...

shyue chou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home