Friday, April 13, 2007

Last day

It was my last day at work yesterday. Over the past 2.5 years+ I have accumulated a lot of stuff and memories. I had forgotten about so many memories. As I went about packing the stuff that I wanted to keeep and dumping the stuff that I didn't want, the memories came back. For example, 2 large mind map diagrams drawn by the students in my very first class back in 2004. When I looked at it, I am reminded by their nervousness, confusion and indeed very much my own feelings during the class. The first poster I designed for the school. The birthday card I got from students and colleagues.

My colleagues gave me a farewell lunch which was fantastic. As I moved on I told them that this is not goodbye. That perhaps we would work together again in the future. My love for teaching is not a secret.

As the new semester approaches, it felt strange not to be part of it. Felt strange when I met a group of students. Felt strange to not get e-mails about happenings in school. I had already sent out my e-mail to wish everyone all the best, good luck and all the rest of it. Will definitely keep in touch with many of them.

I have a week's break before I start on the 23rd. This is my last "holiday" for awhile so better make full use of it. I am really quite excited about my new job.

More postings soon.

5 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum that's bad !!very bad!!!Guess who am i ?you should know boz i am ur student ....

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Inconspicuous said...

Hmmm....considering I've taught in total about 40+ classes, I have no idea... no clue?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

New job!?!? Amazing! Wow! Game developer?

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Sullen superhero?

Deviant gunman?

Silly ratcatcher?

What what?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Inconspicuous said...

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home